Gender Roles Essay Writing help
The role of gender is as old as humanity. Written documents and carvings from thousands of years ago reflect the role of the man and woman in various societies. But is it appropriate to invoke gender roles in any society? Before written history, did the cave men and cave women have roles defined? Are roles innately driven, or can individuals choose their own roles based on their preferences and abilities? A gender roles essay can take on any of these questions as well as other topics. For professional guidance as you create your essay, consider partnering with the professionals of VivaEssays.
Some points to consider in a gender roles essay could include:
- In support of gender roles, some authorities may argue that having clearly defined roles can benefit a society:
- Children are taught their responsibilities from birth, and have a clearer focus on how to fit in and produce within a society.
- Children understand the roles of their parents, and can more easily determine which parent can resolve an issue or need.
- Adults channel their energies and efforts according to defined roles, and as such can be more productive within the role.
- Generally, structure and organizational rules can streamline the goals and efforts of a society, and reduce the potential for conflict.
- Other experts view gender roles as negatively impacting the ability for societies to grow and adapt:
- As genetic studies continue to show, humans are much more complex. Imposing gender role limitations can limit human abilities.
- Children who may not fit well into a particular gender role can be met with intimidation, bullying, and rejection.
- Adults who may not fit into a specified gender role may not be as productive in that role, but are limited and cannot achieve their full potential.
- Persons who cross the gender roles in society are often shunned and ridiculed into submission.
While writing a gender roles essay, consider all of the angles and perspectives. Some writers may encounter difficulty in constructing a gender roles essay. Professional writers are available to help those who may need assistance.